Thursday 18 January 2018

ARC REVIEW : His Kind of Love by Kate Hawthorne

37850663 

Joel Reading was lonely.

Nineteen years old, estranged from his family and seemingly unable to ever get a second date, he's surrounded himself with the things he loved most: old books and old music.

When one date got out of hand before it even began, Joel found himself displaced from a flooded apartment and on the doorstep of a handsome and older stranger, more than willing to take Joel in for the night.

Gabriel Hunter had waited years for the right man.

When a distressed Joel showed up at his door needing a place to stay, it was more perfect than Gabriel could ever have hoped for. He quickly found himself falling for the complex and beautiful boy he welcomed into his house, and started to believe in a future with the young man he adoringly called, Little Red.

Unfortunately, Gabriel was a man of many secrets, and they threatened to unravel the delicate relationship he was building with Joel.

Would Joel be able to see beyond Gabriel's deliberate omissions and give their love a chance, or would Gabriel's kind of love prove to be more than Joel could handle?





  His Kind of LoveHis Kind of Love by Kate Hawthorne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

* 3,5 stars.*

A modern day retelling of Little Red Riding Hood.



Interesting, a little creepy and I kept picturing Gabriel as the Big Bad Wolf himself, wanted to yell at Joel all the time, "Run...run, Little Red!"



This is definitely not my everyday reads. But soon as I read the early chapters, I'm started thinking about Big Bad Wold and Little Red Riding Hood. Well, Gabriel really did called Joel 'Little Red'. So yeah, the guy is kinda hypnotic, I started to think like him as well. LOL.
Gabriel is a creepy stalker, I mean 'he is a real stalker' that followed every step, every move, he put camera everywhere in Joel's apartment, work place and then his 'temporary room' in Gabriel's room.
Not creepy enough? Also in a bathroom.





But Gabriel is a very handsome stalker. Well, I wouldn't mind if he's looking like this. LOL.



But this is actually an interesting story, with a good writing skill. I found myself enjoying this book, though the story line is not really my cuppa.
But soon as I pictured this a modern fairy tales about Little Red and his very own Mr.Wolf, I enjoyed this.
You'd also probably like this book. So, give this one a try!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment