Wednesday 11 January 2017

ARC REVIEW : Clean Slate by Heidi Champa

33638815 

Wes Green keeps everyone at arm’s length, either by pushing buttons or simply pushing them away. When that doesn’t work, Wes runs, as far and as fast as he can. This time, bolting from his boyfriend also costs him his professional organizing job. His last resort is to retreat to his brother’s basement and try to pick up the pieces. The only bright spot in his new life is his niece, Kelsey.

One day, while in Kelsey’s school drop-off line, he meets Sam Montgomery, the father of Maya, Kelsey’s best friend. When Wes finds out Sam is gay and interested in some no-strings-attached fun, Wes thinks he’s hit the jackpot. With boundaries firmly in place, keeping Sam at a distance should be easy.

What starts out simple quickly gets complicated when fun turns to feelings between Wes and Sam. But the baggage both men carry threatens to stop things before they start. Can Wes stay put long enough to find real love, or will old habits be too hard to break?



Clean SlateClean Slate by Heidi Champa
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



*2,5 stars*

This started well, and promising. I liked the writing style.
I think this is my first book of this author, blame my lacking of memory.
Wes is a sad person, seriously. He didn't know what to do with his life after one accident in the past.
He didn't believe that his relationship with Nick will last forever, despite of how Nick treated him (actually, Nick had the reason to get mad after all). Wes ran away.
And he met Sam
Real story started here, with Sam and his so called 'relationship' with him.
Wes is bitter, low self esteem and he let people do whatever they wants to him. Aka, doormat.
Damn, I should have been liked him, and Sam as the MCs.
But even Sam, I can't like very much. He treated Wes like a ... doormat!
Not that he cheated on him or whatever (there's no cheating in this book, thankfully), but I couldn't agree with how Sam treated Wes. And Wes just go with it?
I was kinda glad when Wes decided to leave the town, but no....he didn't really make it.
Instead, he's back. Weak MC is not my cup of tea.
I enjoyed this story after forty percent mark, but it was went downhill from there.
Glad I can finally finished the book. Not really my forte, this one is a so so.


* I received the ARC in exchange of a fair and unbiased review. No high rating required upon the ARC received.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment