Wednesday 21 December 2016

Scrooged Over (2016 Advent Calendar - Bah Humbug) by David Connor

33001924 

For dueling radio hosts Deke and Dudley, the battle over Christmas starts the day after Thanksgiving. Deke hates the whole season. Dudley is a yuletide overachiever. They put their debate to a vote, inviting audience members to weigh in. The loser must go on a blind date of the winner’s choosing. Dudley decides he wouldn't mind taking the loss, if his blind date, picked by Deke, turns out to be Deke himself. As Christmas gets closer, not only does that fantasy seem unlikely, but everything that can go wrong for Dudley does, including malfunctioning decorations, rancid cookies, and a lost pile of hundreds of handwritten Christmas cards. Just days before Santa's arrival, Dudley’s about to throw in the red and green towel and join all the haters. It’ll take a miracle to change his mind….
Scrooged Over (2016 Advent Calendar - Bah Humbug)Scrooged Over by David Connor
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I a book could have a tempo, this one would be a staccato.
The bickering exhausted me. This was too much. and I can't see any chemistry between the two MCs, except a brotherly affection (correct me if I'm wrong).
The only one I like is Gramps, he's nosy and adorable.
I liked Deke and Dudley, they're okay. But maybe, it's just me who can't get into the story.

* I was given the ARC by a publisher for an honest and unbiased review.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment