Sunday 6 November 2016

ARC REVIEW : You Belong With Me by J.R. Loveless

32717412 You Belong With Me

You Belong With Me by J.R. Loveless
My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I need to review again about my ability to analyzed a blurb of a story.
Read this...

...Scott has been in love with his best friend Craig for years, but watching Craig with his manipulative boyfriend has worn Scott down, and he knows he needs a break from the pain and maybe a change of scenery and perspective. His twin sister, Karen, convinces him to spend a summer in Paris.

Karen is sick and tired of seeing Scott suffer, and she’s not going to stand for it anymore. She confronts Craig and tells him what he’s been missing by spurning Scott’s affection in favor of a jerk who mistreats him.

When Craig unknowingly breaks Scott’s heart, Craig opens his eyes—and his own heart—to the possibility of a future with Scott. He plans to use the time while Scott’s abroad to orchestrate a romantic surprise that will show Scott they belong together. But when he sees Scott with another man at the airport, Craig fears he’s too late.

Reading the blurb, this gotta be a great read. I mean, YA is about love triangle, and hurt and heartache and struggling to find your real path in life.
So, I'm okay with that.

Then I read this book. And everything fell into pieces.
I mean, they're supposed to be 'young', right? Like high school young?
But, I didn't see 'young' here,except Scott is being virgin and stupid and doormat.
They acted and talked like adult, not a mature adult, but immature adult. Does that makes them young adult? I have no idea.

The sex between teenagers (Craig had sex over two years already. Kids these days. SMH) is like, oh the usual for them. Call me old fashion, but still.
And having sex in other people's house, in your best friend's bed? Speaking of bad behavior!
And Scott still wanted the oblivious clueless Craig is beyond me.

I can't see what Scott saw in Craig beside his gorgeous persona. He treated Scott like a doormat, and Scott just let it happened. All the time. Not that Scott obvious he's okay with that.
I think, this story had been wrong in so many level. The sudden change of heart, like a minute change was unbelievable. Craig ended his two years relationship with his douchebag boyfriend because he knew about Scott's crush all this time? What a glorious relationship that was!
Not to call it a meh.
I read a lot young adult stories, but this one was just didn't do it for me.

* ARC was given by Dreamspinner press in exchange of a fair an unbiased review. No high rating required.*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment