Tuesday 16 August 2016

REVIEW : Keeping Karma by Tory Temple

31222819 Keeping Karma
BLURB

 2nd Edition

Alex Myers is keeping deeper secrets than just his pet ferret, Karma, who is illegal in California. Both Alex and his twin sister, Tabitha, can “hear” the thoughts of animals. It’s an ability he puts to good use working at an emergency animal clinic while studying to become a veterinarian.

One night, local animal-control officer Dylan Travers comes into the clinic with an injured fawn, and it doesn’t take the two men long to act on their mutual attraction. But the closer they become, the harder it is for Alex to keep Karma and the rest of his menagerie from Dylan. And then there’s the matter of his ability…. Will Dylan even believe him if he tries to explain?

Add to that debilitating migraines from especially “loud” animals and a scheming coworker threatening the clinic, and Alex needs Dylan’s support more than ever. Alex just wants to keep his job, his pets, his lover, and his sanity. But he can’t do it alone.


REVIEW


Keeping Karma by Tory Temple
My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I read the revised edition.
I liked the idea of animals, pets, and vets as the MC.
But I need to learn my lessons, not every books with pets are cute. Sometimes, what's bothering me is not the pet, but the MCs. Well, I guess they're trying to be cute, but still.
I didn't 'see' any strong chemistry between the two MC, except, they're having sex 'all the time'. Including in public places, that you'll be easily get caught, or busted.
Like, all the time'. And too much sex in a book, was kinda bored me fast.
There's no conflict between the two MC, Dylan was being a very understanding boyfriend for Alex.
They're moved in together after like, a few dates? It's too easy, I think.
I'm very disappointed that I can't like the story like I wanted to be.
I need a better pets stories :(


* Review copy provided by Dreamspinner Press in exchange for a fair and unbiased review. Reviewed by Lilly from Lelyana's Book Blog. *




View all my reviews

ABOUT TORY TEMPLE


 Tory TempleI live in southern California, the land of no seasons. (Is wind a season?) I live with three dogs, two cats, and some tortoises. I'm married to a firefighter, which is great in the sense that some nights I get the TV all to myself, but not so great in the sense that some nights I have to figure out what to do when the washer starts leaking. (Or when there's a bat in the house, which is a thing that happened when he was working.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment