Sunday 1 November 2015

Nightingale by Aleksandr Voinov











261754905

*** FIVE STARS READ ***


 bookshelves: mm, most-anticipated, arc, best-book-ever, buddy-read, dark, emotional-read, favorites, long-lost-love, made-me-cry, out-of-the-box, read-2015, roller-coaster, secrets, sexy, stand-alone, twist, unputdownable

Read from October 17 to 20, 2015


*** 5 Nightingale and Eagle stars !***

ARC was given by author for exchange of LGBTQ donation in my country and for unbiased review

“I still should have fought.”
“But instead I played the canary, singing for whoever owned my damn cage.”


My favorite author and his finesse. Historical. War.

It's been too long I haven't read a soulful story and almost forgot the feeling of a real good writing, a real great story, since I read Soldiers by the same author.
I read this blind, because I think I'm one of Aleksandr Voinov's first reader for this book.
I'm so happy I have a privilege reading this gem earlier than anyone else.

As usual, Aleks makes this story 'real' and believable. Oh come on, Nazi soldiers as a hero? How odd?
But then, after you read this book and finally get to know Oberst Heinrich von Starck and Falk Harfner, both are a big fans of Yves Lacroix, a club singer, you'll say...Ahh, Nazi also humans...surprise !
They can love, they can make mistakes, they can on the knees and crazy about one little french singer.

The tense of war, the vibes of a scary nights, the anxious, felt so strong in this story.
That's why Aleks never claimed this as a romance.
It's a historical fiction, with a little taste of love story.
Don't expect a romantic faithful love story from a slutty French singer with that two Germans. Yves face reality, that he can't choose between the two men. Both are having a very important rules in Yves life.
I can't dislike Heinrich, he's even a romantic guy for Yves. For an Oberst, he's kind of 'soft'. He really care about Yves and his safety.
But then, there's Falk, an ordinary soldier with no power who came into Yves life even before he met Heinrich.
And Yves is really stuck in between.

But war, have no mercy for lovers...I cried the day Yves cried for the first time since forever. It was so heartbreaking, and I can't complain, because 'it's war', right?

I'm glad the gloomy of war and my broken hear healed. Yes, Yves had his HEA after all. And I'm a happy girl !

Note from author : For the record, Nightingale is NOT a Romance or m/m Romance. It's a gay historical novel. It was never intended as a Romance. It's not listed on Amazon as a Romance. The cover is not branded for Romance.

BR with Rosalinda., going to BR 'again' with Funzee on weekend.
I just can't move on. This is one of Aleks 'Best Work' , and I'm glad I can be one of the VIP readers.

Keep writing Aleks ! Thank you for a wonderful story !







No comments:

Post a Comment